Saturday, May 23, 2009

People who give out minimal amonts of change (Horrible Title, I know)

This something that I really need to address because I don't know if it's just me who feels this way. Most of the time, in any situation, it's usually only me who finds something funny. But I wanna run this by everybody. Okay, so here it is: You're on the road with your dad, maybe going to New Jersey (I don't know why), or Cooper's Town (or is it Coopers Town?). Either way, he sends you into a store to pick up some gum and maybe a pack of smokes (even though your only 8...). So you end up with a laundry list of ten items and he gives you a five dollar bill, and asks for change. And you're like, I don't even have enough for half those things. Of course you probably run out of the store while paying and he gives you one of those grunts/looks, perhaps he thinks you're pocketing the change, and gives one dollar more. I literally have done this four times until I could buy a buttered roll, some water, and a doritos. But the worst is when that five is enough and you come back to the car and your dad, or whoever, has the face that says, "I told ya."

No comments:

Post a Comment